Saturday, March 22, 2008

Who is your hero?

Ladies and gentlemen on this Easter weekend I ask this question.

Who is your hero?

These days its hard to pick a hero. Who is honest? Who has integrity?

Its hard because so many seem like they are doing good but in reality they aren't doing any good.

The term role model gets thrown around these days a little too much and quite frankly I do not like that. Role models should not be a person that hits a lot of homeruns then lies to the media and portrays themselves as the greatest of all time.



A hero should not be one that does not abide by the rules of marriage.



A hero would never leave a woman when she is carrying your child.




No ladies and gentlemen those are not heroes.

Let me tell you who my hero is and quite frankly who everyone's hero should be.

My hero is God. He never wavers. He never fails. He is always there when I need him.

So this Easter weekend I want you to think about who your heroes are and I want you to make a list in your head why they are your heroes.

However I will tell you this no matter how long that list is that list will never be as long as God's love for you.

Happy Easter and God Bless you all.

God Bless America,

Jet Patriot

5 comments:

Always On Watch said...

As a Christian, I claim Jesus Christ as my hero.

But in earthly terms and as a teacher, my hero is Annie Sullivan, Helen Keller's teacher. Ms. Sullivan was dedicated and stood firm so that her pupil would not forever remain in silent darkness.

Gayle said...

I also claim Jesus as my hero, but in real life my only hero is my husband. He deserves it! :)

Lista said...

Yes, Amen! Jesus is my Hero and my most treasured friend.

This is a hard question for me because I really try hard not to give too much glory to people and whenever I do try to identify with someone that I highly respect on an ongoing basis, I usually fall way short because I admire them and respect them because they are what I wish I could be, and yet no matter how hard I try, I just am who I am.

I guess my real heroes are the people who have passed through my life briefly and made profound effects on me, such as a Child Psychologist who authoritatively said to me once "YOU ARE NOT STUPID AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU YOU ARE!!" I only saw this guy once, but always remembered what he said. My grades went from Ds to As and Bs because of him. Ok, so I never was a straight A student like my brother, but you know what, that doesn't mean that I'm stupid.

Another hero is someone who laid his hands on me once and prayed for me in a way that changed my life. In this case, the hero is again mostly God, yet I also sensed quite strongly that this person really did care about me and believed in me.

Keep going, Jet. It's time for another blog entry. I've decided that I'm going to follow your blog for awhile. I believe in you. You can do it!!

Lista said...

Well, Jet Patriot, I don't know if you are still here watching your blog or not, but I have finally started my blog, if you decide to continue with yours, let me know and I'll give you a link.

Gayle said...

So what has happened? have you quit blogging? I would appreciate it if you would let me know. If you have, that's to bad because you were doing quite well, but I want to know whether to remove your link from my sidebar if your not going to run this blog, okay? Thanks!